Headquartered in Austin, Texas, the Texas Veterinary Medical Foundation was established in 1978 as a 501(c)3 charitable and philanthropic non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the well-being of animals and strengthening the human-animal bond in partnership with Texas Veterinary professionals. TVMF is supported through tax-deductible donations and gifts from the public, veterinarians, and pharmaceutical and veterinary supply industries.
The phrase, ‘Caring for animals, advancing the profession and serving the people,’ captures the Texas Veterinary Medical Foundation’s mission.
Caring For Animals
- Provide programs advocating responsible pet ownership and educating the public about the importance of veterinary care for their pets
- Supporting owner education programs that provide Texas communities with knowledge and information on caring for and protecting their pets, livestock and wildlife
Advancing the Profession
- Ensuring the infusion of bright new medical talent into the profession by providing support to veterinary students through awards and grants
- Supporting select programs/projects that advance the art and science of veterinary medicine
- Support the veterinary community by being the public relations and philanthropic arm of the veterinary profession
- Support the veterinary community by providing a contingency fund for disaster and emergency relief
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 TVMF Impact Report
This last year was another year of growth and success for the Texas Veterinary Medical Foundation (TVMF). What we have built with your partnership spans 37 years, and we want to extend sincere thanks for your belief in our mission. For our full fiscal year 2015-2016 impact report click here.