Texas Animal Hall of Fame
The Texas Animal Hall of Fame was founded in 1984 to share the joy of the human- animal bond by recognizing exceptional animals. Texas Veterinary Medical Association members and the general public nominate animals each year, which are then chosen by the TVMF Board of Trustees.
- To honor the outstanding contributions our animal companions make to human lives.
- To heighten public awareness of the human-animal bond.
- To allow Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) members and the pet owning public to share in celebrating their patients’/pets’ accomplishments by serving as nominators.
- Hero: an animal that has performed an incredible act of bravery or saved a human life.
- Companion: an animal that has provided a special benefit to its community or human companions.
- Professional: a remarkable, specially trained assistance animal.
Click here to view the Texas Animal Hall of Fame past winners.
A call for nominations has now been issued for this year’s Texas Animal Hall of Fame candidates. Please download the application form HERE and send it to the TVMF office by Sept. 15, 2017.